Thursday, July 24, 2014

Like a sister.

I've said this many times before; family is the most important thing to me. My family members are those who make my life brighter and a bit more bearable with every day that goes by. 

I've also mentioned my baby cousin before. This little girl (she's not a baby anymore but I can't seem to grasp that concept...), means the world to me. She was born when I was 10 years old, and since then, I've considered her a little sister. We have always spent a lot of quality time together and I really think that we're very much alike. 

She's about to turn 11 this year and I swear that every time I see her she just looks more and more grown up, which sort of kills me inside. I just want to hold on to her 3 year old self forever. The nostalgia is just too much. 

This year when I turned 21, she wrote me the sweetest letter. I still cry when I read it, I'm such a softie. I love how even though I have like 30 other cousins (seriously), everyone seems to know that at family dinners her seat is always the one next to mine. I love all my cousins the same, but there is just something about my little one that makes our bond super special. 

I'm the one on the left, I was about 12. My sister is the one on the right and my lil' cousin is the one in the middle. Look at that cute little face!

I think that I will forever have her in my mind as this adorable baby whom I used to take care of. I still take care of her, only now she is so much more independent. I know she has to grow up but sometimes I just wish I could freeze time so I could enjoy every single moment again and again. 

There's something magical about how time goes by. When she comes by my house and we go out for ice cream or to the movies, she'll tell me about her friends or the boy she likes and I think back to when I was her age and going through what she's going through right now. I will always be there to give her the best advice I can and help her make the best decisions. I want her to fully enjoy her young life and be the amazing person she is meant to be (and already is). 

Here she is this March at one of our cousins' wedding. She's the classiest little girl.
She's definitely one of my favorite people in the entire world. And I'll always protect her no matter what. 

And now, some pictures!

Here we are at the same wedding I mentioned above, I look terrible but I love the picture. 

At Mother's Day last year. We both look so much younger!

She chose me as her Godmother for her Confirmation. I love this little girl.

Do you have any cousins whom you seriously consider to be your siblings? 

xo, Adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment