Thursday, July 17, 2014

Classic Rock Junkie.

The other day, I noticed that I was in a very foul mood. You know those days where the Universe seems to be conspiring against you?

For example, say you're working on some homework (which you would rather not be doing) and you suddenly drop your pen. You bend down to pick it up and in the process the rest of your pencils, markers and other pens fall to the ground too. 

I mean, seriously? 

Well, I was having one of those days. And I couldn't even put my finger on what the real reason was.

It wasn't until later that same day, I realized that I hadn't listened to a single song in the whole day! It sounds completely ridiculous but music is a really big part of my day. I get so motivated when I listen to my favorite songs, and I guess the fact that I hadn't heard a single song in the entire day really got to me. 

It got me to thinking that I have the weirdest music taste ever. I mean, if you look into my Spotify account, you'll find that my top frequently played artists are probably: Foreigner, Blue Oyster Cult, Ozzy Osbourne and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Classic Rock is, I think, my top music genre. And when you meet me in person (and I will most likely be wearing some shade of pink) I don't really look like the type of person who idolizes bands like Black Sabbath or AC/DC, but the thing is, I actually do. I'm not one to buy into the whole stereotype thing, but most people are, so I guess that's what surprises them when I confess that I really do know all the lyrics to "Sympathy for The Devil". 

When it comes to music I have to say, my dad influenced my taste hugely. I remember he would play Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" on the cassette player. THE CASSETTE PLAYER! Who even has one anymore? I fell in love with all of those amazing anthems and hence, my lifelong obsession with badass rock. 


It's not that I don't like other music (example: today's hits), because I mean I'm still 21 and living in this era. But, I do prefer chilling out to these tunes rather than some overly-auto-tuned-and-terribly-written pop song. Although, the first CD I bought like, ever, was Britney Spears' Oops...I did it again. I mean, this definitely counts as a classic, okay?!

It may be weird and kind of unlikely for someone my age and in my situation, but I really do love my taste in music. It's another aspect of myself that renders me unique. And I absolutely love that. 


*kisskiss* - Adrienne. 



No comments:

Post a Comment